About the course
The hybrid PRINCE2® Foundation (6th Edition) course and exam is aimed at assessing whether the candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team on a project using the PRINCE2® method in an organizational environment that supports PRINCE2®. In this sense, the candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the principles and terminology of the method.
A key element of the PRINCE2® Foundation course is the process model, which will be demonstrated through a process map specially developed by the training organisation – PRINCE2® Trigger Map . You will learn what the model is, how different project activities and project roles relate to each other, and how PRINCE2® deals with the exceptions that inevitably arise in every project.
During the course, you will also learn how to create a project management organisation that is responsible for its planning and execution. You will also learn how to define the various project management roles to ensure that it is carried out in the most effective and efficient manner. The ‘management by exception’ method will also be introduced as key to project problem management.
After the course, you will have the opportunity to take the official PRINCE2® Foundation exam. If you later wish to sit the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam, you will need to have passed the Foundation level exam.
The study materials are comprehensive and completely sufficient for the successful passing of the exam. These include PDF guides, slides, exercises, sample exams, a database of test questions, and the ability to generate test exams.
What will you learn
- After the training, participants will understand the purpose and responsibilities of all project roles
- After the training, participants will understand the seven principles, seven themes, seven processes, as well as product-based planning and quality review techniques
- After the training, participants will understand which management products are inputs, outputs or updates in the seven processes
- After the training, participants will understand the purpose of all management products and the content of the Business Case, Product Description, Issue Report and Issue, Risk and Quality Registers
- After the training, participants will understand the interrelationships between principles, processes, themes, products and roles in a PRINCE2® project
- After the training, participants will be prepared for the official PRINCE2® Foundation exam
Training materials and Exam Voucher (must be bought as a bundle)
- Official Axelos PRINCE2® Training Material Pack (Electronic Material)
- Managing Successful Project with PRINCE2 Manual (Electronic Version)
- PRINCE2® Trigger Map (PDF document)
- PRINCE2® Foundation Exam Voucher to take the exam within 12 months (Proctored Exam)
This course is suitable for project managers, members of project teams, individuals who have a supporting role in projects or are responsible for quality management, as well as anyone who in some way participates or is related to the implementation of projects.
- Introducing ourselves
- Introduction, project management with PRINCE2, principles
- Tailoring PRINCE2
- Introduction to the processes
- Starting up a project
- Business case
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing a stage boundary
- Closing a project
Ways of attending the course
You have three ways of attending the course.
- Attend the course life by joining us in the classroom at our location
- Attend the course life by joining us virtually using Microsoft Teams
- Buy a recording of our training course that you can view after the actual training course has run
Bookings are closed for this event.